Miller & Miller are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients. Any information submitted by you will be used solely to provide the services that you have requested or for our own administrative purposes. Any information you have supplied will not be accessible by third parties without your consent, unless required by law or regulatory purposes.
Who we are and how to contact us
Miller & Miller is the trading name of Miller & Miller Surveyors Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No.9482047
Registered office: 838 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, S11 8TD.
Miller & Miller operate the website www.miller-miller.co.uk
To contact us use the following details:
Mr David Miller
Address: Suite 7, Shirley House, 31 Psalter Lane, Sheffield, S11 8YL
Email our Company Director, David Miller on: email@example.com
Tel: 0114 327 0120
Mob: 0789 906 6213
What info we collect and how it is collected
Miller & Miller will collect data or personal information required to fulfill obligations to Clients or in response to business enquiries. We may collect information about you when you make an enquiry about the services we provide or when we receive instructions to act on your behalf.
Data we collect may include:
- Trading Name
- Address – personal/business
- Telephone numbers – landline/mobile
- email address
- Personal and residential verifications
- Bank Account details
- Qualifications and Insurance Details
- Sensitive data, that which might put you at risk of unlawful discrimination, may only be gathered upon your explicit consent as far as we have a lawful basis and condition in which to do so. Sensitive data will be discussed further at point of disclosure.
How we use your data – Processing
We may use your data for following purposes, to:
- Contact you
- Undertake your instructions
- Complete Conflict of Interest checks
- Comply with Anti- Money Laundering regulations
- Comply with professional organizations regulatory requirements
- Share with regulatory authorities when required by law
- Provide you with marketing information
Miller & Miller hold personal data on one or more of the following legal basis as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Consent– you have given clear and specific instructions for Miller & Miller to control and process your personal data for a specific purpose. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time.
- Contract – you have entered into a contract through acceptance of our Terms of Business, the data you have given us is necessary for the execution of that contract.
- Legal Obligation– Miller & Miller may have to fulfill certain legal or regulatory obligations which require your personal data. For example; to comply with anti- money laundering regulations.
- Legitimate Interests– use of your data under this category will be in ways that you might reasonably expect an organization such as Miller & Miller to hold in order to function effectively. Use of data should be justified and have minimal impact on your privacy. You have a right to object to the use of your data held on this basis.
Storage and Security
Reasonable technical measures are made to protect data against unauthorized access, modification, misuse or loss. Information is stored securely on our central database, individual client files, or on our secure systems through use of viral protections and manual locks. Our systems are password protected.
If your personal data changes you should inform us so that we can keep accurate records.
Any data breaches should be reported to Mr David Miller using the contact details supplied.
Data sharing and transference
Miller & Miller will not sell, rent or share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes, however, we may pass information on to third party service providers who have been engaged for the purpose of completing tasks or providing services on our behalf. Where there are legal, financial or compliance requirements we may submit your details to a third party and this data may be processed by or on behalf of the Company. We will require all third parties to comply strictly with your instructions and with data protection laws.
Data retention periods
Your personal data will be retained for as long as is deemed necessary for the purpose of completing your instruction, undertaking conflict of interest checks and for our legitimate purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for any data which has been gathered under basis of consent. However, data gathered, stored or processed for legal or contractual purposes may be retained.
You have the right to:
- Amendment– Update us or have inaccuracies in your data amended
- Access –Request an official copy of the personal data we hold on you
- Erasure– Request that we erase any of your personal data that we do not have legal obligations to retain
- Portability– Have any data given on a contractual or consensual legal basis transferred to a third party
- Restrictions– Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, or to automated decision-making including profiling
- Object or Complain– if you are unhappy with the handling of your data please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will investigate them as soon as reasonably practicable.
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information, you may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the details below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
The content of this notice may be reviewed and changed without prior notice with updated terms being available on our website.