Letting Agents Sheffield
Houses and Land to let in Sheffield and surrounding South Yorkshire and Derbyshire
The letting of land and property is becoming more and more specialist as more and more regulations govern the market every year.
Miller & Miller is regulated by the RICS giving you peace of mind all boxes are ticked to ensure your obligations as landlord are fully covered.
We let and manage residential properties, agricultural land and buildings to suit your requirements.
We offer a residential “Let Only” service and a residential “Management” service.
LET ONLY SERVICE – LANDLORD
Our commission for “Let Only” is 60% of the first month’s rent (inclusive of VAT). There is a minimum fee of £420 (inclusive of VAT).
We also provide a bespoke letting service for “Room Only” and are able to provide a Tenant Referencing Service should you wish to let your property independently – please contact us for further information.
Let Only service includes:
- advice given on how to improve and maximise your rental income
- accompanied viewings and interviews to assess suitability
- full referencing and credit checks of all prospective tenants (over 18 years) by an external company
- taking a detailed inventory and meter readings signed off by both parties at check-in
- completion of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy
- taking a tenant’s deposit and registering it with the Custodial Deposit Protection Service
- informing the local authority and utilities of change of occupier and supply initial meter readings
- obtaining the first months rental and setting up of a standing order mandate for future rental payments
For an additional cost Miller & Miller is able to provide an insurance service through “HomeLet” protecting you from eviction costs and /or non-payment of rent giving you peace of mind at all times. Please get in touch for further details.
LET ONLY SERVICE – TENANT
The tenant will be responsible for the following :
- to have viewed the property prior to application
- to complete a no-obligation application for tenancy
- to provide proof of identity, address and UK residency if the application is successful
- to provide a Guarantor if required
- to pay the equivalent value of one months rent plus £200 by BACS as a deposit
- to pay the first months rent by BACS
- to complete a Standing Order Mandate for future rental payments
RESIDENTIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
Our fee is based on a monthly rate of £66 (inclusive of VAT).
Management includes the following:
- inspections every 3 months
- rent reviews
- checking inventories with the tenant at check-out
- agreeing the apportionment of the deposit between landlord and tenant at the end of the tenancy
- instructing the Deposit Protection Service to adjudicate if required
- resolving landlord and tenant disputes
- obtaining quotes and arranging gas safety/electric checks together with certification and EPC’s
- obtaining quotes and arranging for general repairs and maintenance
- re-letting the property after a term of 6 months
At Miller & Miller we let rural land and buildings on licenses, tenancies or leases for agricultural and non-agricultural uses.
We are able to advise on market payments and rents, find suitable occupiers and draw up the appropriate documentation with schedules of condition ensuring you have the best deal possible tailored to suit your needs.
Management of land can be arranged for an agreed fee to ensure all obligations between parties are adhered to including rent reviews and dealing with any issues which may arise.